Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Comic Article Analysis

I found my humorous example on a website on the post below. This example is not made to be too funny. However, it does put in racists comments that are typically stereotyping many races to compare it to the situations in Governor Palin's life. The point in the criticism towards Governor Palin is to make people realize her incompetince to be in such an important position in this country, which is the vice presidency of the United States. The author sees the unstable life of the governor to be similar to how it would be if she were made vice president of the country.


The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those Texas Christian University or of its administration.

8 comments:

Tommy C. said...

Hector,
I think your idea is awesome. I think putting the US Economy in ICU is genious. Maybe try adding some captions, but otherwise, great job, very funny.

Brooke said...

Hector,
I thought your idea was very funny and clever. I loved how you portrayed it. I might consider adding a title or a caption or something for a little explanation, and in your final draft make sure your audience can clearly read the countries names. Great job overall though.

Michelle J. said...

1. Effective- I thought it was very effective and funny. I also really like your art work.
2. Suggestions- You could add some captions to better explain your point.
3. Response- Overall, I thought it was very creative and a funny idea. Good Job!

Courtney J said...

Hector,

effective- the whole portrayal is really creative, especially the drawing of Britain reaching out to us

suggestions- I don't have any, I hope I can see the finished project because it looks great so far!

response- It's very funny and very creative, and it's something most all of us are familiar with and can relate to

Thomas M. said...

I thought your idea was funny and the purpose was very clear. I think that a title would work really well and maybe you could have the person represting Britain saying something to try to save the US.

Walt H said...

Good idea a little hard to understand just by looking at the drawing. I would add some dialogue from the countries.

M. Christine said...

I really liked your cartoon. I thought that it was a really funny way to portray your point. It was really creative the way that you tied in the other countries, and put the US Economy on the hospital bed. Great job

TeresaP said...

I thought the comic was funny with the economy in a coma. It gets the point across very well.